Are you struggling to build or update your 2021 Strategic Roadmap?
This template should help you pull all the key areas and your thoughts into one place and also produce a successful executive overview.
This planning template https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uip0G2MdZ3dsfK0pYOKOCSfGOoONfCiR/view?usp=sharing
The Executive Presentation can be accessed here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iz9X_dsFpwhoZ026B9Ne211wXTrRA8T4/view?usp=sharing
Strategic Roadmap Planning Overview
There are really just a few points that should be highlighted in all strategic roadmaps regardless of the area or topic being discussed.
Defining the Vision
This sections should include the following:
- Past – What was achieved or is still to be achieved in 2020?
- Present -Are we on track for the last quarter of 2020 goals?
- Future – What is the vision? What do we want to achieve or change in 2021?
- Mission – Who are we, how will we collaborate together to reach our 2021 Vision, what will be unique?
- Values – What are the core values and how does it link to the Vision for 2021
What are the goals of your strategy? Expand on your goals by including:
- Challenges – What could get in the way of achieving our 2021 Vision?
- Long-term Goals – What will we do to achieve our long term 2021 Vision?
- Quarterly Actions – What must we do each quarter to reach the long-term goals?
- Measurements – What will be the method we will measure our success, what are the KPI?
Strategy should include the execution points and needs for you to achieve your strategic roadmap goals:
- Resources -Assess the infrastructure, people, partnerships, contractual elements needed to reach 2021 Vision
- Financial -Determine the financial needs to reach the Vision, ROI, revenue opportunities
- Implementation – Plan the execution with set timelines
- Communication – How will communications and approvals flow?
- Assessment – How will the progress be assessed, overseen, monitor success, QBR?